Dale Ford, Chair
Jan Fenner, Phil Frederick, Bob Magness, Adam Matthews, Mike Monnin,
Matt Packer, Jerry Robinson, Claire Spellmire
Fr. Bernard Weldishofer, Fr. Eric Wood, Tom Beckman
- To serve as the primary consultative voice of the parish community;
- To offer the Pastor practical advice based on its collective knowledge and experience of the parish and its members;
- To make recommendations for the improvement of the quality of parish life and the effectiveness of parish services and policies.
- Prayerfully discern the needs of the parish community;
- Develop an effective parish pastoral plan;
- Review priorities periodically and evaluate their relationship and relevance to the mission of the parish;
- Set annual goals and objectives;
- Address various pastoral issues, consider them carefully, and propose actions to address them;
- Serve as a vehicle of dialogue and communication with all the parish comittees;
- Deliberate on the finalized annual parish and school budget and any non-budgeted expense estimated to exceed $10,000.
The Parish Council can consist of up to 14 members. Nine voting members are selected by lottery. The Pastor and no more than four are ex official and/or appointed, nonvoting parish staff members. The nine voting members include at least four men and four women. The Pastor and no more than four are ex officio and/or appointed parish staff members.
Members serve a three year term. Three new members are chosen annuallly on Pentecost Sunday. Individuals interested in serving on the Pastoral Council are required to be at least 21 years of age, registered in St. Francis de Sales Parish, fully initiated Catholics and must attend an orientation session. After the responsibilities of the position are explained, interested individuals may submit their names for the discernment process.